View Single Post
      01-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Attn - AP owners using latest beta firmware and MSD80 "I8A0S" & "I860S" MT ECUs

Hey guys-

I just spoke with Rob who is currently on way home from a testing session with a customer vehicle in Louisiana.

Thanks to our early beta adopters, we have identified an issue with the newly-supported MSD80 "I8A0S" and "I860S" ECUs for Manual transmission Stage1 maps. Please note that these are the only two current ECUs affected, and only when used in MT applications. The other ECUs/vehicles supported with the recent beta are unaffected, as are any vehicles currently supported by release firmware.

We have determined that these ECUs contain additional logic not present in the later MSD81 and under certain circumstances, especially when using our Stage1 93 octane mapping, the vehicles will enter a non-dangerous limp mode around 5500 RPM during wide-open throttle operation. Using our Stage1 91 octane is less likely to induce this behavior, though it may still occur. You should have no concerns about operating the vehicle, and the Stage1 maps will work as expected under 5500 RPM, though you can always use our Stage 0 (stock) mapping or simply uninstall the AccessPORT if you'd like to wait until an update is available.

We have scheduled additional in-house vehicle testing time for next week and will keep you guys updated with the resolution. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience!

Best regards,
Lance
Appreciate 0