Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Drives: e90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Side folding, heated and auto-dip mirrors wiring

Hi everyone!
I am a new member looking for a few answers among you knowledgeable BMW lovers.

First of all let me introduce myself, I recently bought a 2007 pre-owned e90 basic options and packages for a 328xi sold in canada. This is my first BMW but basically I have modified every other car I have owned in the past, so this one can not go untouched. I do enjoy a good weekend getting my hands dirty and investigating the details of my car, although doing that at -30c it's not fun at all.

now to the question, I am looking to change my current door mirrors (heated) to the folding mirrors with european mirror automatic dip- heated ones. I am sure that to make them work, I do need to flash the car with that option, but what about the wiring? are there any other wires that I should run in order for the auto-dip and fold in option to work? I tried looking in the BMW WDS but no luck on that (probably because i don't master it yet), is there any other place that I can look for that information?

And of course if someone knows that it will be a huge shortcut for me, and other info is greatly appreciated, I am getting the side mirror casings from a friend's 2008 335i, and will order the armrest switches this week probably the mirrors (glass) hopefully I can fid them in eBay, otherwise i'll have to order those too.

BTW is this the right place to post this new thread? if not let me know to put it in the right place.

Thank you so much in advance for your help and knowledge
cheers and happy mod'ing