View Single Post
      11-15-2005, 08:09 PM   #4
CMD

Drives:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwma
It wasn't until I discovered this site that I learned that so many have anguished for what would surely seem an eternity waiting for their new E90s. I guess I hadn't really thought about it, and this is my first German car. But after my Lincoln LS (which was a great car -- until I drove a BMW) was T-boned in an intersection and wasn't repaired to my liking, I impulsively walked into the local BMW dealer, having never driven a BMW before -- and the rest is history. But the point of my thread is that I only had to wait one day for my car. Everything I wanted was on a lot 35 miles away. I purchased in late July. Is waiting for weeks and sometimes months the norm for these cars, or did I just get extremely lucky. I live in L.A.; so I know there's more saturation here, but I'd be interested to know how many walked in and had their cars in short order.
Being impulsive has drawbacks, but when I test drove that 330i, I knew right then and there I HAD to have one. Best impulse buy of my life -- so far.
Congratulations on your purchase! This was one great impulse buy for you, eh?

This is my first Bimmer also. I went in shopping for an '05 M3 with the Competition Package, which my dealer, Crevier in Santa Ana, had in the Silver Grey -- it was sweet. I had a deposit down on it, but I slept on it for one night and decided that, although I love and appreciate the M3, (a good friend of mine has one), I needed a more practical car at this point in time. So I called my salesperson and told him what, exactly, I wanted on my E90. He told me, "that's looks like it's going to be a special order." (Which it was).

I waited the 10 weeks and do not regret for a second my decision. I my E90. However, I've got my sights set on an '07 M3 Sedan when they come out (I love the four doors). Jeeez, when I was younger I wouldn't have even considered a sedan, only coupes. But now I'm the other way around. I gets that's what time can do to 'ya.

Anyway, you're very lucky that exactly what you wanted was "in the neighborhood," otherwise you would've had to wait, or sacrifice.

Welcome to the board and don't forget to post some for us!