ar design's Stage 1 Oil Cooler Kit - $836.00
Finally an optimal solution for the famous oil temperature problems the N54 suffers from. Instead of simply replacing the factory oil cooler with a slightly larger core, we leave the factory setup intact and add a SECOND core behind the kidney grilles. This not only increases the cooling capacity, but more than DOUBLES it! Our kit provides the factory oil cooler with much more airflow then what is available in the fender wells.
Oil Cooler Features:
- Oil filter housing adapter CNC'd from billet aluminum and anodized black.
- Setrab Oil Cooler Core – simply the best brand in oil cooler cores available. Most of the competition use far inferior cores, resulting in higher temperatures and sometimes catastrophic failure. One of our customers previously had a competing oil cooler literally explode on the Nurburgring, splashing oil on the tires and track at over 150mph!
- Mounting Brackets and all necessary hardware
- Oil feed lines made from lightweight braided hose (better + lighter than stainless, very similar to Aeroquip Startlite Hose or XRP Kevlar, helps eliminates abrasion issues)
- Retrofit kit available for those who do not currently have the factory oil cooler for an additional $499. This includes all the OEM parts needed.
What makes this kit superior to the rest?
- Uses a well known, highly respected, quality core (Setrab)
- Custom made and professionally assembled lightweight oil lines
- You do not lose factory oil cooler as with other kits.
- Oil cooler surface area is not just increased, but more than doubled.
- Easy installation.
- No hacking or cutting of brake ducts.
- Ability to add our upgrade kit that will allow you to run (2) Setrab cores for maximum cooling capacity!
As for performance, some words from one of our customers:
“Trips on unlimited German Autobahn with speeds in excess of 230 km/h did not yield oil temperatures in excess of 120˚C (248˚F). The real test came on my above mentioned trip to 'The Ring' - it was mid August, really hot (around 30˚C), the tarmac was quite a lot hotter than that and I did 10 laps (20 km each) on The Ring pushing the car real hard. Even after two consecutive laps, the temperature hardly rose above 120˚C (248˚F), whereas other participants did have some problems with the heat. So yes, there definitely is a considerable improvement over having only the stock oil cooler, and I can only highly recommend this if reliability and consistent power is important for you.”