New coding updates. Met up with DimSum last weekend.
DimSum coded/activated flawlessly the following features on my 07' E90 335i:
1. Angel Eyes activated as DRL's (without turning parking lights on - brightness maxed on my Mtec Angel Eyes) - $50
2. Activate/deactivate DRL from iDrive menu - $10
3. Hazard lights now blink at a higher rate (with LED bulbs, looks much more pronounced and safer during fog/emergency) - $30
On order from DimSum: HID Fog's, 6500K bulbs for main headlights, LED bulbs for all exterior fixtures incl. reverse lights, side marker (front + rear) + tail lights.
Quick, fast, efficient service, best coding provider in the GTA as far as I'm concerned.
It's been long over due but I wanted to post a thread for my main man Gord aka 'DimSum'
for the amazing 'OEM' Coding services he provided for me and a friend back in Nov. '10.
I know @DESI4life10
has also posted a great thread here
with some videos and pix but I think I owe it to DimSum for the great work he did.
We need to support our local members and more importantly they should be recognized for their services. I highly recommend DimSum to anyone interested in getting custom coding work done.
He provides custom coding solutions for: All BMW models from 2006-2011, E9x, E7x, E6x.
Some specific details...
The two vehicles DIMSUM coded were:
1. @OSK77 | '07 E90 335i
2. @Farhan | 08' E93 335i
@Farhan and I both went over to meet with DimSum @Tim Hortons in Markham. DimSum's communication was flawless, he was on time and was a super nice guy to work with.
Here is a list of custom codes he programmed on my E90 335i:
1. Rolling up windows/sunroof with key by holding lock
2. Folding mirrors with key by unlock and lock
3. Automatically Unlock Driver Door after Pulling Out Key
4. De-activate Day Time Running lights
5. Enable Digital Speedometer (km/h or mph)
6. Remove i-Drive Legal Disclaimer
On @Farhan's E93 he did most of the above in addition to:
7. De-activate E93 Amber LED
There is a slew of other coding options available including specific one off custom coding you might want. Ask him what you are looking for and depending on your vehicle and specs he can hook you up. PM DimSum, he responds quickly
Other things to note:
I cannot stress enough; what I appreciated most about DimSum's service was: he walked you through everything and made sure you were comfortable. He uses BMW AG OEM Software through his Netbook and OBD cable and keeps a back-up of your code, so in case the dealer overrides the code at a later date doing a firmware update, you can go back and he will put the codes back on for a nominal fee. He is legit & knows exactly what he is doing.
Also worth mentioning for newbies: the codes DO NOT interfere with the operation of your car whatsoever. I spoked to my dealer's Service manager and he confirmed, that using OEM software, no issues whatsoever should pop-up. Since DimSum uses OEM BMW AG software, no error's are thrown and he triple checks everything before you leave. I've been driving my car for 4 months with the 6 custom codes programmed and ZERO issues whatsoever.
Other things worth knowing...
1. Pricing - if you get a bunch of codes done by DimSum like I did, he is likely to give you a discount.
2. Minimum you will need to get two codes done by him or $60 worth.
3. Each code I got programmed was approx. $30 to 35 on average.
4. DimSum also hooked me up with the MTec Angel Eye kit (Ver3.0) for my E90 along with the MTec License plate LED kit and his pricing was bang on. He even dropped them off at a location in DT Toronto that was convenient for me, now that's service!
I'll try and post some pix and videos on here once the weather gets better and I get my car back (long story...post here) > http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491301
Took a few pix when we met up with DimSum (brrr, it was a cold evening!)... Have a good one and once again please support DimSum, he is an asset to the GTA E90post.com community and a pleasure to work with.