View Single Post
      04-25-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
Walked U
Brigadier General

Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is

Zoomers exhaust. * Pics *

Promised Chris ( fusionchicken ) and jon ( jonmartin ) I would post some pictures and a quick sound clip of my exhaust.

Anyways to the story.

Ive never heard of zoomers exhaust before a week ago.

Charlie (cea3) called me up telling me about this place. Since his roomate got some straight pipes installed on his e60 m5 there. He said that the place was very good. Its local so I thought Id check it out.

Now before I went there I had test pipes installed. Which is basicly just 2.5 inch straight pipes with deleted resonator and 2ndary cats hooking up to the stock mandrel bent muffler piping.

After I talked to Ron ( owner? ) I told him I would keep in touch. I needed to do more research. Anyways called up my buddy with a gto and he told me zoomers is very popular with the american muscle car guys.

I did a search on google, and about 12 reveiws came up from vette owners. All of them were great. Also got some results from str8's and cst-v's. All of them the same, great results.

After thinking it over and talking to my buddy with the gto again. He said " I would do it, if you can please vette owners you can please anyone."

So I went back there. Put the car back on the lift and started talking about what I wanted.

First I wanted polished stainless steel. 2.5 inch straight pipes with mufflers and a 3.5 inch tip.

Then after talking it over. It would probably take around 1-2 weeks to make a production peice. So we talked it over and did the following.

2.5 inch piping. X pipe. Zoomer mufflers. 3.5 inch resonated zoomers tips.

Left it there for a couple days and just picked it up today about 4pm.

All I can say is ... Im super happy with the results. Ron and the guys over at zoomers were very helpful and friendly.

The welds were perfect very clean and the bends were very nice. Most amazing job Ive ever seen for it being custom. Its basicly a manufactured peice.

I also asked for tempered coating on the piping.

It made all my expectations. And im going to redyno with the exhaust put on this weekend to see how much more power im making.

I was also talking to him about making production peices. He said that they specialize with muscle cars, but he said if more people are interested he would be happy to make them.

Now they also have a dyno (dynojet) right next door. So if you would like to run afterwards you can do it.

All i can say is im one happy customer. Their work isnt cheap but it reflects the job they do.

The car sounds very deep and throaty now. But not too annoying. Not too loud when cruising but noticable. On WOT it comes alive.

Heres their site.

http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/

Heres some pictures:

Stock piping with resonator and 2ndary cats :

Test pipes installed at valley muffler:

Old piping removed at zoomers :

Exhaust system installed at zoomers :

Ok now heres some sound clips. Ill take more later, if you guys want them.

Quick launch,i stoped at the top of 2nd. Some old lady was giving me and my girlfriend the evil eye. Hahah

Neutral Revs : (the clicking is due to my camera not from the exhaust )

Tip painted :

Before :

After :

Ok now like I said before if you guys are interested. Let me know and I can talk to ron about pricing and everything.

He will most likey make a polished stainless steel production piece, unless you guys want the tempered paint like mine.

My mid pipe is also flanged on, so if I ever wanted to take out my mid pipe for track use I could. So I would just go downpipe out.

Last edited by Walked U; 04-26-2007 at 05:45 PM.