02-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #40
fdriller9
Banned

Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [3.22]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzchen View Post
Don't worry. After they changed my ECU from MSD80 to MSD81, I found I can not code in my professional BT tool! (I was interested to see what they programmed my speed limiter to be, and I think the setting is in the coding section. After contacting them it doesn't sound like I'll be able to code anytime soon either!) Did you cycle from ignition on to ignition off back to ignition on after clicking "Yes"?

This is really strange, because these errors all came up with me even though I didn't touch the bottom of the car, and they all went away after the steering angle sensor adjustment... I had reset the clock and date, renitialized the sunroof, made sure the one touch operation of the windows worked,... I hope you didn't fry the transfer case running in 2WD mode, (kind of like you were towing the car incorrectly as a bad analogy.)
Did you get those errors after reconnecting the battery?

My car always gives me a 4x4, ABS, DSC, etc errors when I reconnect my battery. I just drive off and they go away after everything reinitializes.

I've never had to manually reinitialize my steering wheel.

OP, I don't think your doing any damage to the car. When our car is off, the front wheels spin freely when they are off the ground....the rear does not. So it only engages when slippage is detected and power needs to transfered to the front axle.
fdriller9 is offline   United_States