View Single Post
      03-31-2011, 06:15 AM   #166
Potty_Pants
Colonel

Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffinvestor View Post
I know I have a 5 series (530d GT) and this is a 3-series forum but I had to post my experience. Brand new car, sitting on driveway, alarm goes off and we find the sunroof has exploded outwards like a Volcano. Nothing inside car to show impact, nothing outside to show something bounced off it. No trees or similar near car. Bad luck, maybe.

But the dealer quoted 800 to replace the glass, and then later in the week another member of staff (who did not know we had a quote already) quoted 4,200. I queried this and he tells us that they need to replace the whole mechanism. Sounds like a design flaw to me!

And surely we should have been told that the sunroof option included a risk that we would have to pay 10% of the value of the car if it broke.

Is this a BMW wide issue, or just my dealer!
Any chance you can provide weather information...

Temperature ?
Was the car parked in a shaded area or direct sunlight ?
Did you have the interior shade open or closed ?
How long since the car was last driven ?

thanks for the answers

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Potty_Pants is offline   United_States