1fastbmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbj View Post
Very nice work. I only wished you owned an e92 335 so images would be a perfect match. Lol.

Question, I just got a LSD myself... I plan to change the diff oil after 500 miles. How would you recommend draining the diff? I have a vacuum pump but it's tough to angle it to reach the bottom. Therefore, I'm concerned that worst part (metal shavings) may remain after the exchange. Thoughts?
It seems a vacuum pump is the only real way to do it without removing the whole unit to get the back cover off. I do not know if it is a good idea to fill with a little part thiner / brake clean after you suck out what you can to loosen any stuff on the bottom and then suck that out. I may do that a few times, just be sure to give it time to dry out for awhile before refilling. Thats my thoughts.
JB4 l Berk AB l AP Mids l PLM DP's l RSD CP l Injen CAI l BSH OCC l ETS FMIC l Koni FSD's l BMW Performance Springs l Complete M3 Frt & Rear l Dinan Shock Mnts & Camber Plates l Quaife LSD l Morel Speakers l Zapco Amps l BMW SS Pedals l Pearlescent Brake Handle l 30% Tint l ICarbon Dry Diffuser l Matte / Gloss Grills l Black 135i emblem l P3 V2 Gauge l SF-71's l Conti DW's 235/265-19's l LCI Tails l Lux H8