View Single Post
      04-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #46
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
Tell us a bit more about that BMW training. From what I know they only do their M trainings and you can't take your own car but are given an M3 to drive. Which is why I was never interested in that sort of training, because I want to drive my own car (which is probably faster anyway than their stock M3). Will you drive your own then?
I will do the training in a M3 Really curious how the car will compare to my 335. I was heavily impressed with the M3 when I drove it on Mugello last year!
Reason I do this is insurance. The Swiss insurance is real tricky, so I decided not to drive hard anymore on the Ring with my own car. Maybe a few laps for fun, but no BTG under 08:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
I'll try to be there on the 10th of May in the afternoon, as the track is open to the public between 5.15 p.m. and 7.30 p.m. and includes the Grand Prix track combined with the Nordschleife (I've never driven that). People that have already driven there told me it's a bit strange because the two circuits are completely different and usually also make different setups necessary. The Grand Prix circuit is also much much harder on the brakes than the Nordschleife. But maybe we could meet up then?
Alpina_B3_Lux
I am currently checking what to do exactly. I think I will arrive with my own car on Tuesday afternoon, also to drive a few "long" laps. But as the rest of the group (7 others) arrive somewhere in the afternoon as well I will check what the planing for the evening is. There is a diner and a theory session planned, no idea about the exact timing though.