04-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #14
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage ->M6

Garage List
Exactly ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wasted your $$ on the PI if you already have the Euro intake. You're not gonna notice any gains with the PI over the Euro.

Heck, a lot of us got the Euro intake to replace our standard 2-part intakes as a less expensive alternative to the PI...

Plus now you're gonna have to hack out the carbon filter in the rear box of the standard intake just to realize the same flow you already had with your Euro

And yes both the upper & lower snorkel AND a cover for your Euro airbox are already available in carbon fiber (I have all installed on my 328ix).

If you insist on going with the PI, no need to buy a standard airbox, you should have no problems finding someone that will trade you their standard airbox for your Euro version - I traded my standard airbox to a member in Europe that ran into the very same problem as you.
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X