View Single Post
      04-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #37
loetek
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
Glad people are seeing how easy it is to convert the paddles for downshifting with the left paddle and upshifting with the right.............the way it should have been done by BMW.

What I don't understand is..... why are people going to the trouble of popping out the airbag and then for the sake of undoing 3 screws using a torx screw bit , they are not removing the steering wheel cover to get proper access to the paddle shift connectors.

I did this mod because I never use the thumb press to change gear, as it doesn't feel natural to me but I didn't want to lose it's factory functionality. Hence why the thumb presses are still available.
I used Mod 3 because of it's simplicity and modification is kept to a minimum.
Sparky, I am planning to do this mod to my 2007 335Ci after reading this post. I like the idea that you found an easier way to get to the wires, but I wish you had taken some pictures. I already bought a 9-volt memory saver because I thought you had to disconnect the battery. Did you have to disconnect the battery with your procedure? Thanks for any additional info and pictures you can provide. I am just a simple 60 year old retired computer programmer trying to improve my ride.
Appreciate 0