thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr View Post
hehe ... agreed ... dont think all those guys driving golf 1's for the past 5 years that ordered M3's can afford the high price tag (assuming they were saving all this time) .. so the list is gonna be small ... sure i have seen 996 twin turbos for about R800k odd ... take a Porsche instead considering a spec-ed ///M3 should be well over R700k ...
Yep... the ///M3 is getting very expensive.... Some 2nd-hand Porsches are going to start making a lot more sense than the new ///M.
Quote:

When i spoke to my sales guy at Alberante yesterday i told him i will be keen on taking an m3 in 08, he told me "i think you will be lucky and get it sooner" ... when i ordered the car last year he told me the list is too long ... so people already dropping off the list ... !?
Yeah, people are gonna fall off the waiting lists pretty quickly.... the statements from the Alberante guy seems to support our theory.... that's one more reason for me to stay away from the waiting list.... I don't want to be a beta-tester again.... being an E90 beta-tester was enough pain.
Quote:

will not go for an 07 model ... in 08 i will .. and with the///M's they always change things in the car every year ...
+1... hopefully they will have sorted out most of the bugs on the ///M's by 2008.
Quote:
on waiting lists: with the RS4, dealers will go on how there is a year waiting list, i emailed a couple of dealers on a Sunday, Monday i got replies with discounts and cars in stock .. the dealer at the Audi glen had the papers drawn up and everything before i even saw the car, a demo was on hand also for me to drive, and when i decided not to take the car he phoned me after a month asking if I'm still looking for an RS4 ... (cause he could not sell it) ... i could get all the colours and with discounts too ... the prices were not cheap R650k odd ... but with spec of course ...
I've heard about the discounts offered on RS4. At one point I was even tempted to go test-drive one, but decided against it when I started seeing the E92 ///M spy pictures.... I suppose they are trying to "create" demand by claiming long waiting lists. The weird stuff sales people get up to.
Quote:
If it is R640k ... then South Africa is the only place in the world where an RS4 is cheaper id say ... the RS4 comes with no spec at all ... so BMW is doing the same and it makes the car a bit competitive with the RS4 pricing ... so i think what 888 posted might be very accurate ...
Yeah, I also think the info posted by 888 is accurate or at least very close... and I have a problem with that , because I would really like the new ///M to come with more standard equipment.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010