to remove the radio (non-idrive), follow these instructions.
To take out the radio, you will have to remove the element with the heater and a/c controls in it first. This is fastened with two clips on the sides:
1. take an old creditcard (or something similar) and bend one (short) side of it in a 90 degrees angle.
2. insert the card between the radio and the a/c-controls, bend side first.
3. move the card to the upper/side of the a/c-controls and pull it, making sure its bend side hooks behind the controls.
4. the a/c control unit should move forward a bit. Repeat step 3 for both left and right side.
5. you should now be able to pull the a/c controls forward.
noting more to say. by trying you will found where are the clips..