Originally Posted by SpaceG135i
All i have to say is try the Paleo diet for a month. It is 99% the reason why i have lost so much weight in the past two months
It is definitely something that works as long as you do what your supposed to.
This is what i used http://primalblueprint.com/
Its a great book with recipes that are amazing. I lost 25 pounds in 2 months, so i know if i can do it you most likely can.
I can also attest to the Paleo (cave man) diet.
I've dropped 40lbs after changing my diet and doing moderate cardio (jogging 3-4 miles every other day). I started in the last week of January. So, about 4 months. I've gone from 259lbs to 219lbs. My goal is to get to 210lbs by Sept 1st and then TRY to get to 199lbs by Jan 1st 2012.
Honestly, I feel like the diet has changed my life. It's really not a diet- it's a different way of thinking about food.
- I eat as much as I want
- I find I eat way less
- I enjoy the food
- I don't have energy spikes and crashes throughout the day
- I'm more, err, regular. Plumbing wise. Nuff said.
The down sides:
- It's hard to find food sometimes during quick lunch outings or late at night. I always find something though.
- My lactose intolerance is a lot more sensitive.
- My grocery bill has easily doubled.