View Single Post
      05-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
OSK77
Private First Class

Drives: '07 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Thumbs up

You are most welcome, glad my experience was helpful!

Re: Power Steering fluid and Differential fluid, I went by how many years the car has been on the road, and replaced them as preventative maintenance. Plus what BMW states around typical duration and kms on the car. My car is a steptronic as well.

I was also thinking of the getting the injector cleaning service that Budds does for $169. Upon further investigation, my findings are that if one uses Shell 91 octane V Power with Nitrogen consistently (which I do), the nitrogen has cleaning agents that keep the fuel lines/injectors clean, so would not do much difference. Need to dig a little deeper on this. But will keep you posted.

Ironically enough (I digress a little): my wife has a '08 CR-V and I took it to Sterling Honda (best Honda Service dealership in Ontario, top notch pro's) and got all the fluids changed (brake, transmission, differential, power steering) made a huge difference in driving. Ended up getting her Michelin Latitude Tour tires as well. Amazing tires - very quiet and rated at 110K kms tread life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage_coupe View Post
Thank you for taking the time to post this! My car is very similar to yours (CPO, almost at 69k...and same colour too!).

I'm due for a brake fluid flush/oil change (do mine every 10k)/air filter & microfilter/spark plugs this summer.

How did you know you needed the: Power Steering fluid and Differential fluid changed? (edit: I'm reading the link you provided...very informative!)

I was thinking of waiting until 90k and doing that along with the transmission fluid (I have the ZF steptronic)

07' E90 335i MONACO BLUE | DAKOTA BLACK | ZSP | ZPP | NAV | COMFORT ACCESS | HIGH SPEED MAXIMUM | MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S PLUS + 162's | BLIZZAK WS70 + RIAL SALERNOS | 35% TINTS | CUSTOM CODES
OSK77 is offline   Canada