View Single Post
      06-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #114
acerboo
Brigadier General

Drives: e92 335d lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizard View Post
Hi All. First post here so Hello All.

I have a 2010 335d (E91) Touring. It came with the Single M3 Style paddles (I.e. Pull left to go down a gear and Pull right to go up a Gear). When deciding on the purchase my wife drove a car with the two way paddles (ie you can push either side to go down a gear or pull either side to go up a gear) and decided that if the car would have these then we would have this model as opposed to a manual 330d or a Manual 335i

Anyway I have bought some two way paddles and followed the handy guide and fitted them but they do not work at all and prevent the sport mode from working, if i change the paddles back everything works fine.

The M3 style paddles each have a three way connector but only use pins 1 and three, the two paddles use all three and I have tried wapping out all the pins to no avail.

What I have discovered is the the down shift paddle and a low resitance (0.35k ohms) when pressed and the up shift paddle higher resistance (1.18k ohms), whereas the two paddles have no resistance at all.

From this I conclude that later model cars work in a different way - I perhaps need to get hold of some resistors and try some investtagtions?

any comments?

cheers

G.
ive tried fitting the newer paddles to my 2007 and cant get them to work have you had any luck with yours
acerboo is offline   England