View Single Post
      06-29-2011, 05:20 AM   #6
ucosta
Unique

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

Send a message via Skype™ to ucosta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
Ok lets try this again. Everything i have underlined and bolded is included in all versions of iDrive. I beleive there are ways to have your iDrive programmed with updates but I dont think its possible to have it convert to the iDrive system in the newer 09+ models. The upgrades in programming would be mainly with the user interface of the map and making the navigation part easier to maneuver.

But it is impossible to get a built in navigation without iDrive, it does not exist. iDrive is the navigation system that is integrated into the car. The optional navigation for 200 is a garmin or tom tom kind of thing, attaches to the windshield. so any bmw with navigation will have iDrive.

Not really any other differences aside from the fact that the 325/328 is more reliable than the 335i.

are we clear now?
Very clear now... I used to have a sports car, drifting and drag racing. Now i want to grow and ride like a man. I want to have a good car with good reputation, that feels great, has nice design and nice options such as one of these bmw 3 series coupe. I want more power as well. The 335i is powerful enough but i'm looking for those features that is going to bring me tickets certainly and i do not want problems. In addition i want to save more gas. i think the performance from the 328i is ok.
Do you think i should just go ahead and get a 328i instead of the 335i? I like the dual exhaust and the seats from the 335i though :S.
ucosta is offline   United_States