View Single Post
      07-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #42
DaFish
2008 335i E92, Almost full mods

Drives: 2008 335i E92, Procede V5

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [3.00]
Well, I have had some more wheel time in.... and I am about to get my Wavetrac, subframe bushingins, Dinan rear bar and M3 upper and lower control arms in the rear next week.

The car is still not right at this point, the steering feels not as sharp as I feel it should be even with the front M3 arms, the Dinan springs. I am hoping the rear end work, sway and LSD will fix things but I fear the only solution will be the matched rubber all around.

Once I get set on the corner (mid corner - equally on the front and rear rubber), the car is balanced beautifully - the mods are a real treat then - lovin it. It is the initial entry in the corner that is the issue.

What I experience now isn't from driving at the limit either - it isn't driver error.. It is the general feel of the car going around a round-a-bout. Not even fast.. the front seems to be plowing (or fighting) a bit (even with my mods).

My question is: How do you know the front rubber is undersized? What qualities are apparent when a 3600 lbs car is driven with too small a front tire?

(lets see if we can avoid the driving lessons this time)
2008 335i E92 Black, Procede Rev 2.5 (11-1 map), BMS DCI, AR Catless DPs, AMS FMIC, Procede PWM Meth, Forge DVs, CDV delete, 230s w/ 235/265 Michelin PSS, Dinan S3 susp w/ front/rear M3 arms (4), Wavetrac LSD, Subframe bushings, Dinan Rear Sway, Rogue toe arms, Stoptech Slotted rotors, Stoptech Street pads w/ steel lines
DaFish is offline   Canada