12-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #37
pkirk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328XI

Accessing Antenna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC1068 View Post
I wanted to use my dock and play so I don't have to get another subscription to listen is another car or in the house. I have a life time subscription on this radio and a second for my wifes radio. Was really torn about if I should get the receiver box from the dealer. I decided to go dock and play but I hate wires hanging. I didn't want to use the aftermarket antenna. I read on this forum and bimmerfest. My sharkfin antenna hookup was not where the dealer instructions said it would be but I did find it. I should have taken more pictures while doing it. Total time was a little more than half an hour and I did not have to take apart the trunk panel or anything other than pop up the rear seat bottom and two screws from under the dash. I did have to remove the climate control to mount the bracket. Instructions came with the bracket.

Attachment 461810

Attachment 461811

Attachment 461812

Attachment 461813

Attachment 461814

Attachment 461815

Attachment 461816

Attachment 461817

Attachment 461818

Attachment 461819
Could you explain in more detail where you would find the antenna and how you routed from rear of car into center console? I have 2 cable bundles in my trunk where the receiver would be installed. I think your setup looks great and am considering this approach as opposed to the $500+ for getting the OEM radio setup, which IMO is not as nice an interface than the portables (e.g., scan, memory, screen display).

Also, where did you find the mounting bracket?
Appreciate 0