12-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
GetSomeE92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsguypat View Post
I have read somewhere that someone had issues with installing the JB4 and not having an aftermarket blow-off valve. Should I install an intake and blow-off valve before the JB4 or will it be fine if I run it in the Auto-tune map? I also want to mention that as of right now this is just my fun daily driver. I am not doing any racing or track time. Would you still recommend an intercooler if I am just using the power occasionally to have fun or show off? I do want to get an exhaust to grab a little bit more attention at Cars and Coffee or any other shows I go to. What do you think?
You'll be fine running the stock charge pipe and diverter valves. They hold boost just fine with stock turbos. With the JB4 G4 board, the BMS dual cone intake, and some E85 in the tank I ran a 12.1 in the 1/4 (check the link in my signature). The MPH is low as I was thoroughly heat soaked and the IAT was climbing to over 170* F. So, having a better intercooler will keep your charge air tempts in check on longer/multiple pulls and into the upper RPM band.

I recently upgraded to the new and improved G5 ISO board (the one they currently ship) and the car is just as strong, but smoother. Will be adding an aftermarket intercooler and going back to the track in late January to see what it can do.

As for the E92 Aero lip spoiler, you can see what that looks like by clicking the 1/4 mile time link in my signature as I have the same thing on my car.