10-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #64
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM2 View Post
Whats so funny? he is right! the so called techs should do some reading here they would learn something.

I have a bad water pump now on a 2006 330i E90 92k miles on it and I got great info from this forum. i have had the overheated lights come on twice.

I went to two indy shops here in Pasadena Ca. to see if they could read the codes for me, they both told me if there was no check engine light that there wouldn't be any stored. Not to mention the jackass tech told me that my car didn't have electric water pump stupid ass!

Now i have been driving the car around with an obd2 reader just to watch the water temp and it has not got hotter than 215f i drove for hours yesterday. I'm gonna replace the pump and stat next week myself. NO SHOPS! they can all kma!
Are you serious? While there are a few people here who seem to be quite knowledgeable the majority (including me) are just guessing but speak with authority. There are lots of great posts regarding past experiences etc but I've yet to read anything that might help a technician.....maybe an Indy but not a true BMW technician.

Last edited by 335BBS; 10-24-2011 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: correction
Appreciate 0