Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerider187 View Post
Doc,

I ordered from harborfreight for my birthday (tomorrow) and called the 24 hour number

OH MY FKIN GOD.....

I AM NOT A RACIST BY ANY MEANS...

.... BUT THE PERSON ON THE PHONE....

IT WAS LIKE THEIR FIRST DAY...... SPEAKING ENGLISH!!!

SO FKIN FRUSTRATING, HAD TO SPELL MY NAME LIKE 10 TIMES

JESUS FK I SWORE LIKE 20X on the phone.

Honestly no time or patience for that.

anyways,,, I got a secret to share with you all.

10$ backing pad 5", fits the HF and PC!!! 10$ DELIVERED!!!

but before I share my secret..

I need help.. is there a one step polish??

What cheap, easy to use polish do you guys recommend?? Do I need compound?? Can I just use polish + cut pad? I will do the "test area"

There are lots of microscratches, and some vertical lines from be using a sponge (IDIOT)

and by the rear license plate it's a warzone.

I am going to buy 4 medium cut pads, 4 polish pads, 2 finishing pads

and I found a place to buy cheap pads as well (EBAY), I'd imagine they're good... plus i got 4 so YOLO BROLOS

can one polish glass??????

I am excited to get all my stuff in then take a Saturday or Sunday to do it...

I have some "detailer spray wax by simoniz" can I use this with clay?

I am broke right now trying to be a lawyer.
They ship to Canada?
And yeah, all the backing plates for other DA's will fit, the 5" is a good choice.

You could one step polish, but honestly you'll just end up wanting a bit more correction so just go for the 2-step, it will only cost a bit more and you will be good for a while as long as you wash it properly in the future. If you do the one step you'll eventually end up doing it again anyway so might as well do it right the first time.

Spray wax won't really make a good clay lube so maybe you should get some optimum no rinse and you can use it to wash the car as well?

Now for the compounding and polishing, if you want to get the job done in budget this is what I will recommend:

Step 1: Meguiars M100 or M105, the m105 is cheap, but a bit more of a pain in the ass to use, I think the m100 runs circles around it.
Use Meguiars Microfiber cutting discs for this step

Step 2: Megs 205 on a white polishing pad - 205 will have enough cut to clean up the first step and it finishes down pretty good on Black Sapphire.

After this keep the paint sealed or waxed with whatever you prefer.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0