View Single Post
      08-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #132
zedaray1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 xi

The final analysis....

I enjoy reading all of the posts and understand, from experience, all of the concerns and questions about how to convert an oem system into something that sounds the way we as individuals want it to. I originally started checking into these posts to find the factory wiring diagram for the 07 E92 HiFi system, and I have to say that the member bluelake knocked the ball out of the park with his wiring diagram post, atta boy, thanks for sharing your work. So for what its worth to anybody, here is my final analysis, Number 1, use the factory head unit, unless you never plan on selling or upgrading cars, the value of the vehicle will always take a hit if you dont convert back to stock. The real goal for any head unit is to produce a balanced FLAT signal, The signal comming from the factory head unit in the Hifi systems is solid, 5v output, balanced and flat, with steering wheel controls on top of that. You can convert the the head unit output wires into RCA connectors in a snap. from that point you run those connections into a line driver, such as the DQXS from Audio Control, and adjust the system from that point, not the head unit, And before getting ahead of myself, the importance of QUALITY power sources for any car audio system is huge, spend the money on the right battery, power source wiring, and if mulitiple amps are used, use a power cap, I cant emphasize the need for absolute power. From there your choice of Amps should come next, and trust me, if you have to break the bank to afford the highest quality of amps, and have to wait on the rest of the system, then that is the better decision, seriously, but most of us find out the frustrating way. The number of speakers and what type should always be determined by what you like to listen to, In order of importance: powersource, signal quality, power distribution and then sound delivery.
Appreciate 0