View Single Post
      02-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #38
freshwater
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Jet Black Sports pkg

When I bought 335i RWD with Wider Rear Tires some of my friends think I was Crazy to drive that in Winter, I used this car for my Daily commute and already put 62K since 7/2009.

Things about driving in snow are. car run nice in Deep powdery Snow and the trick is to get the tires in the track created by the traffic ahead of you, then the tires kind of locked into the track and you stay their and dont make any lane changes, i even use paddle shifters to slow down instead of brakes because if its too Cold like in single digits with windy conditions the brakes start getting acting up and ABS starts kicking in.

So stay in the track and drive at speed you know car stay stable and make sure no other cars are near you, putting some weight in the trunk or rear seats helps too.

Now on less Snow (1-2 inch) and more Icy conditions I wont go that fast 40-50 mph the most depending upon how much salt they have on the road.

I strongly agree that a pure Winter tire like Blizzaks will helps a lot and I have seen that too but they come with a price and they get too noisy when you driving in Winter with no snow on the ground.