06-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #16
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBeck View Post
Didn't mean to imply that no one else can do the upgrade process. Simply stating that the failure is in that it is not something you can do cheaply, as I thought the same thing until I saw that they are designed to essentially not be upgradeable.

Many have made their efforts contacting shops around the globe and have been told the same thing about the ease and cost, but they can not truly have an understanding of what they are talking about until the have the product in hand. At that point, they will likely say "we can do this for this amount"... and it all changes.

I do however fully support checking it out though, please report back your findings. Simultaneously you can search for the countless others who propose the same thing and then fall off the map after the scope of work is truly identified, after a couple years on the forums I've seen it numerous numerous times.
No disrespect was meant or implied. I was just pointing out that nay-saying and negstivity doesn't di anything positive for the community

Since you're who you are, ill say upfront that I have nowhere near the experience or understanding with the stock turbo housings and locations.

I do know that the buyer of my turbo's has no intentions of reusing or upgrading the stock exhaust manifold or turbo's. He's going to make new turbo manifolds that will fit standard turbo's. Like t3. Or disco potato's

Appreciate 0