07-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #159
Former Action Dude
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i X

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i X  [0.00]
Mods

I am new to this forum as well as BMW so apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate sub-section. I recently purchased a 2010 335i X coupe and it has exceeded all my expectations! Now I understand what is meant by the "Ultimate Driving Machine". I am looking at various up-grades and not sure which direction to go. Before everybody gets their panties in a bind I will not question whether this will effect warranty, that's my problem anyway. I like speed and was amazed that I was able to get my stock 335i up to 158mph w/o any problem whatsoever. This was on a quiet stretch of E470 east of Denver (Redline and Trapster do work). She felt like she had much more in her, but did not want to push my luck.
I am looking at Dinan (CAI, exhaust, intercooler, performance programming, etc), COBB (performance programming/intercooler package), as well as the plethora of aftermarket air intakes. And yes, I do like stinking badges to go with my mil stuff - SF, Abn, AA, CMB, PthFdr.
So for the money and expected performance is Dinan worth it or is COBB any better/worst? (they both give me a beloved badge). How about the Dinan CAI? (it looks cool but is it superior to AFE, INJEN, K&N). I estimate all Dinan upgrades will cost @ $6k (installed), COBB @ $3k (installed). How about the BMW aerodynamic kit, again worth it or better alternative? Also, is a nosemask a Bad idea? Eventually some Motego black rims too, but will save that discussion for a later date.
Let me know your thoughts particularly regarding Dinan vs COBB or if there is any other performance products worth considering. Thanks in advance!