007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIto335 View Post
I really hope your not a betting man.
LOL why is that? I said I HOPED they kept it. I mean even if it's for one race just to see who got it (more) right. (if that's what you were even referring to...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
and obviously the step does some bad things aerodynamically. If it didnt than red bull wouldnt have the nostril to reduce the extreme in the step. You can also see the other teams curving the nose around that point to smooth out the airflow.

It may not account for much. But in a sport where 2kg can mean a win or a lose its a glaring fault in the design to me.
YEah I'm in no way anywhere close to being knowledgable on everything downforce, it jsut seems that having that nose way up like that (on the ferrari) would create drag.

Like how Red Bull sloped their nose down in the front, Ferrari's got theirs just sticking up, and that step with the number looks like even more drag-material! IDK, they get paid the big bucks to engineer these things, but to me it seems counter-productive to have the step so sharp with a blunt face like that.