05-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #11
_Sinister_
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Very Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWysong View Post
I have black too, and while it looks alot better, there are still about 10% scrathes left, that i am not able to get out no matter how many times I buff it! They are not deep or large scratches, same size that has come out before. Seems that once it got to the point in your picture number 8-9 I can never get it better than that. You seem to have been able to get it all but perfect!

Am I not using hard enough pads/polish? Do I just need to do it again and again? Or am I not spending enough time on the finer polishes?

Regarless, this looks amazing! and all DIY!!! Great job!
Thanks I appreciate it !! As I am new to this I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction but im finding that the product you use has to do greatly with the outcome, make sure your using the correct pads with the correct solution. I did do a wash that consisted heavily of Dish soap to remove any oils and waxes prior to doing my correction. I totally forgot to Add I used Meguiars Clay Bar to get rid of any deposits embedded in the paint left after the dish soap wash and washed it again after claying it.
and heres a pic of what she looks like today.
Attached Images

Last edited by _Sinister_; 05-15-2014 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0