Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isetta
Hi,

My car is a E90 built in April 2008.
I recently swapped my OEM Business Head Unit for a used Professional one.
Sound quality is improved but now I'm not able to receive any software updates from BMW service. Aux is also lost.
After searching this forum and reading all the similar topics I realised that I shouldn't do that.
Will it be enough to loop the signal from the fiber optics back in to the HU or do I have to code the car and (or) the HU by myself?
Can anyone help?

Thanks
I have the same issue. I bought my 07 335i coupé from Carmax. It was a steal at $24,000 with only 37,000 miles. It had an aftermarket Alpine with BT so I bought it. I've had it for 3 years and I couldn't get updated because my professional unit was gone. The head unit is the brains of all MOST communication. It wakes up other devices on the fiber network. It streams the music on this fiber link a swell. The pinouts in the back of the stereo are UNIT SPECIFIC. You can find the pinouts for your AUX. I did. As far as coding goes the head unit has a VO file. This VO file is like the registration for the cars electronics per VIN#. You need to assign your VIN to the head unit (instead of the car it came from). You also need to make the VO file accurate to yours cars options. I have not found out how to do all of this myself. Hope this info helps.