04-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
CaliE90
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2021 M550xi  [0.00]
Replacing fuses for the e90

Here's a guide to how to replace a fuse in the e90, I made this primarily for those that blew their fuse for the trunk and glovebox light but you may use it for whatever reason you need.

Here's the general video of how to get to the fuse. This video is not mine nor is it created by me, all credits go to the original dude on youtube.

It doesn't show in the video but all the fuses are to be pulled out with the tool that is already given to you on the fuse board by bmw. It is the big red clip looking thing in the middle (see pictures below). Just pull it out and you should be able to figure out how to use it.

Once you reach in there and find your fuse guide, check which version you have, apparently bmw have different versions for different build years and models.

If yours look like mine (2008 335i) your glovebox/trunk fuse is #77 circled in red/green.

^ the red clip above the 3 black 30amp fuses next to fuse #77 are the tool you're going to be using to pull out the fuses.

If yours look like this (06 330i) it is fuse #61

Lastly, if none of the above matches yours, look up the icon that is shown on fuse #61 in the picture below and replace that fuse.

here's what the blown fuse looks like and the $1.99 3 pack replacement I bought. On the blown fuse, you should see that the metal inside is snapped and there should be a small black burn mark.