inthemiddle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Angry the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamia2super View Post
idk this guy does it quick ask oddjob if you dont believe me
maybe i should fly that guy out here !!!!

yea.. update.. bad news... I wasn't crazy... front turbo is seized up, won't turn/move AT ALL...

No oil in the exhaust side... when i pulled the compressor output hose, there was some oil there, haven't gotten the compressor input side off yet so i can't report the state of that....

chatted with ASR yesterday... sending them back, will get it fixed (under warranty if possible, depending on how/why it broke).... will probably have them do the separation wall delete as well as the actuator upgrades...

so those with the forge actuators, aside from the initial troubles, is all good so far ? how are they made inside ? do you expect longer life out of them than the stock ones ? anyone looked at the inside of them ? (i don't want them if they require somewhat regular cleaning/greasing like the DVs... i want "put em in and forget about em, forever"

I probably will NOT wait for the compressor wheel upgrade as it hasn't been produced or tested yet, and I can't have my car sitting in pieces for months...

thanks everyone for the help/ideas... at least i was sure i had checked everything before i pulled the DPs (basically expecting bad news down there, cut my yelling and swearing down a bit )
Appreciate 0