Thread: poof
View Single Post
      01-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #10
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I also have Rev 2.5 and have had my injectors replaced and recoded. The values stored in the DME were exactly as imprinted on the injectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankakez & BMWs View Post
I dont have the cable and have never tried to follow the DIY to get the software working. I know a shop where I can get the injectors coded with the Autologic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankakez & BMWs View Post
I really want the BMW engineer to come hook up to the DME and not be able to find anything. Then I will be covered 100% and all I have to pay is the $50 deductible for CPO warranty.

Vishnu guys: What could they possibly find on there? Is my DME gonna be clean??
If the BMW engineer hooks up to your DME they will probably discover you are tuned......game over. So don't go that route.

Get your injectors coded through the Autologic shop (I used a private shop to calibrate mine) and also verify if BMW is telling you the truth about no coding. I find that hard to believe that there would be no coding. Even if injectors were replaced and they forgot to code the new ones, the old codes would still be there.

Read your codes and see which cylinders are misfiring then consider changing the injectors on those cylinders yourself or via your Autologic shop which can also code them in for you.

If your car is that old, chances are one or some of the injectors have failed by now and are behind your driveability issues.

I seriously think the dealer is pulling your chain because they suspect you are tuned and want to flush you out.
Appreciate 0