Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankakez & BMWs View Post
First off:

Hey Ilma thank you very much for your reply.

To recode my injectors, it is ok to un-install them to read the values from the injector? And then reinstall with the same PTFE seal and decoupling element?

And finally, if one or more of the injectors is just completely done, would the car still run? I have gotten a yes to this question from a couple people but I just want to make sure.

Thanks again for the help. Hope to get this resolved soon.
It is not recommended to use the same seal once the injector is removed....although some have done it.

But You don't need to remove the injectors to read the coding numbers. Just take off your engine cover and you can read the calibration numbers stamped on the side of the injectors with them still in place.

If an injector is bad it may still operate but give you poor performance at times such as misfires stumbling rough idle etc.

Sometimes the injector gets stuck wide open and then you cannot drive the car without flooding your cylinder, but you would see a lot of smoke out your tailpipe if that was the case.

If you are going to a mechanic who has an autologic scanner, then he will be able to read your injector codes very quickly and verify what BMW is telling you.

Have you pulled any misfire codes which would indicate which cylinder is misfiring?
Appreciate 0