01-21-2015, 10:59 PM   #1203
joneffingvo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holshot View Post
Add me to list! Haven't even had the car a month yet... 2011 335is w/ 14.3k miles. Took a trip to the beach for the weekend and on the way back half way home when I tried to speed up to pass a 18 wheeler the car started bucking real bad almost like a fuel cut. I let off the gas and with light throttle the car ran perfect. No check engine lights or anything odd. Then I tried accelerating with more then 20% throttle and would again start stumbling.

Every attempt resulted in the same outcome and I started to get worried. I pulled off the road to see if maybe the charge pipe or some vacuum leak was visible but nothing. Finally got home, let the car sit for an hour and decided to go out for a spin to see if she would do it again and as soon as I tried starting the car it stumbled and took a few extra cranks to turn over. After it turned over the check engine light came on and said "engine malfunction" Power reduced and to see a BMW service center ASAP.

Dropped the car off yesterday morning and just word that it had a code for HPFP failure. They said it should be done by tomorrow and that they luckily had a one in stock. I can't believe it failed so soon and on a later n54 like the '11s considering everything I've read this was an issue with the earlier models and had been addressed since. It's amazing this day and age that a manufacturer can have reoccurring issues with the same part over and over and for multiple years. Just blows my mind and doesn't say much for the manufacturer in my opinion. Definately not the way I wanted to start off the new year.
Just took ownership of a 2011 335is with 35k miles and looking at the service history the car hasn't had a single problem only routine maintenance and service. Knocking on wood!