View Single Post
      09-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
DFWTCP
Rep
Drives: 335d M-Sport

335d M Sport Light question

Hi to all. I am new to the E90post community but am an "old" BMW fanatic. My garage includes a 1973 2002tii, 2002 M Coupe, 2003 E39 M5 and teh new E90 335d M Sport. Despite tinkering with all these cars I am totally confused by a lighting issue with the E90. The outermost lights are obviously the Xenon HID and function as the main headlights. However, when I "flash" the high beams these lights are the only ones that go to high beam. The two inner beams of the four headlight system appear to only be DRL's. Is this correct adn if so, how can the HID's "flash on high beam. I thought that HID bulbs could not intermittently flash since there is no actual filament (like in a regular Halogen bulb). Are there 2 different bulbs in the main headlamps? Perhaps I am being obtuse about this but I am truly puzzled. Can anyone "shed any light" on my quandary?
Thanks
PS Is the H8 bulb in the DRL the only source of illumination for the Halos around the lights? I cannot find any ballast or bulb like on a real Angel Eye (like on the E39)
Appreciate 0