11-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #19
Root2k4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843 View Post
No no no no no no! Avoid Lava wax like the plague. It is absolute shit (pardon my language, but its the only way to describe it). Get Menzerna Powerlock for a sealant instead of Jetseal. Jetseal mutes metallic flake and is known to have a less than desirable look. Instead of V34 and V36, get some real polishes from Menzerna. They are much much better. Dodge the black paint maintenance kit too. Your already getting a bottle of blacklight with the radiant finish kit and Black Wax is horrible too. Its the consistency super slippery putty which will just make a mess. 6.5 inch pads are too big for a griots buffer. 5.5 inch pads are the max that should be used for maximum effectiveness. The whole hex-logic pad is a gimmick too. Just pick up some 5.5 inch Lake Country pads for $3-4 less a piece. Those microfibers are crap too. Go to Costco and get a 36 pack of the yellow microfibers and use them for interior and glass only. Order 24 of these for the paint:
http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-...emical+guys+12

Just trying to save you money and get better products for less. The only thing worth keeping on there is Hyrbid V07 and Blacklight. Every Chemical Guys product is filled with super hype and only about 5 of their products actually deserve it. If you can stretch $30 for a wax get Zymol Glasur. I will be making a review of it next week.
Which 5 Chem Guys products deserve the hype? Wash n Gloss, V07, V.R.P dressing, ???
Appreciate 0