05-30-2007, 04:45 AM   #14
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 335 View Post
:mad: :mad: You might be the first but I think your not going to be the only one...lol
MY Week:
Picked up the car on Friday... car was everything I expected and more. Except that when going through the car with the dealer could not get the NAv to work.. Not worried yet... cause we were in the underground carpark, that’s what I was TOLD!!!!
Anyhow went home all excited tried the NAV on the way home but still didn’t work.
LONG story short rang up services dep. could not help till Monday... while playing with the nav over the weekend to get it to work... I would start the car so the battery is charged... mind you only playing for 5- 10 mins.. The car would take 3 or 4 click before it came on... This is worrying now....
Then the next day turned it on and nearly stalled and black smoke came out and sounded like a BOMB... I wanted to take the car back and throw it at em... but it was Sunday night…
NOW its been 3 days the outcome is the nav had new parts installed then the Dealership did not know how to reset the computer so that took another day for them to ring Germany with instructions on how... that’s fixed now. The fuel pump problem they called today saying as all who have had the problem.... "Where not sure yet of the problem yet..." its might be an AND YES A!!! "Software problem..." familiar Words.

IS this how BMW say thank you for buying and waiting 4 and half months for it.. Lets you take it for 2 days and then have it returned back for anther week or more For faults??? Unbelievable :mad: :mad:
I feel for you buddy. Sounds like your problems are worse than mine- at least I got 6000 kms of pure pleasure before my problems began. Funny how the BMW service guys are too proud to say that they don't know what the problem is (In my eyes, a little humility goes a long way).

Make sure you get a good loaner and my advice to you is to deal with your sales guy and NOT the service guys. They seem to be more interested in keeping you happy (they want to sell you another one in 3 or 4 years!) and thus try to get things done.

Good Luck....