parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
With the glass door up, you should see a round disc with a hole in on top of the main boot cill.

This is the rotating disc that moves the wiper (as the motor is in the tailgate not the glass obviously), there's a peg on the back of the wiper arm that should go into the hole in the disc when you shut the glass.

If your wiper arm is moving freely with the glass shut then one of 2 things has happened:

1. The wiper arm peg is not locating in the disc hole (most likely)

2. The disc has broken free of the drive motor and is just freely moving

Can you hear the motor whirring when you try to operate the wiper electrically?

Look and see where the disc hole is, then see if the wiper peg (with wiper in rest, 9 o'clock, position, is in the same place.

Let us know..
Thanks for that I only noticed the peg/hole setup after I'd checked it a second time, and the peg is definitely seated in the hole now.

When I tried to use the wiper and it got stuck halfway, I could hear the motor from the drivers' seat, but after leaving it switched on and walking to the back of the car, I couldn't hear a thing, even when I helped the arm back to its resting position.

My next day off is Tuesday, it's booked in for then so it will be interesting to hear what they say