View Single Post
      12-31-2016, 11:12 AM   #230
chrispitude
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 325xiT 6MT, F31 328xdT

Quote:
Originally Posted by al kazaz View Post
I put the car on ramps, removed the plastic bits and basically said "Oh shit. This looks nothing like the videos online."
Glad I'm not the only one!

2006 E91 325xi with 160k miles, and I had the exact same reaction when I got the underbelly tray off.

The victim:

The growing parts pile:

"There's so much room for activities!"

Freaking Xdrive...

While I was removing the radiator, I broke the upper passenger-side mounting ear. (Fortunately I ordered a new radiator as a while-I'm-in-there part!)

What's strange is, there was also a piece of metal on the floor which the screw was clearly mounted into, and I'm not sure how it's supposed to go on or what purpose it serves. There's a notch in it, but I can't tell if it broke off something, or if the notch is supposed to rest into something:

Can anyone tell me what this metal thingy is, and what I do with it upon reinstall?

Like others, apparently I've had an oil leak down the front of the engine for quite some time. Everything I touch is disgusting. I'm taking a break, then I'll pull the passenger-side wheel and the liner and have a good hard look at the thermostat and pump.

Edit: Things really open up with the wheel well liner removed!

Last edited by chrispitude; 12-31-2016 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: show wheel well liner pic
Appreciate 0