View Single Post
      09-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Kaigoss, I am writing my response in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
You cannot overlap frequencies with the MS-8. This is a bad idea anyway.

My bad!

Set it up as 2-way front, crossover between 100 and 150 Hz, slope 24 dB/oct. Use the same high-pass and slope for the center and sides/rears. Start with 80Hz, 18dB/oct for the sub. Reverse polarity on the sub (or do the test and see which is better).

On the midbass amp, engage the lowpass filter and set it about 20 - 50Hz above the MS-8 crossover frequency.

Kaigoss69, I read what you wrote in your other thread. Going in to technical details, how does this work in theory? When we add lowpass filter, and set it (lets say) 30Hz above MS-8 crossover frequence (lets say 120HZ), so I will be looking to set 150hz LP crossover on amp. Am I correct? Now how does it work technically?

Make sure you level-match all channels (except sub) through "secret" test menu, playing pink noise.

Noob questions, how do you access secret menu? And are we level-macth all these channels (except sub) before or after calibration process of MS-8?

Set sub gain to minimum.

I initially thought to keep the gain in the mid. Thanks for suggestion.

Calibrate with the seat up, then again with the seat down. See which one you like better. I think there is a benefit to the seats being down, but I'm not 100% sure. My seats don't fold so I cannot do that.

My rear seats do not fold as well, but can be removed during calibration process. I am concerned about timing allignment. I want to calibrate it in that position where it is going to stay for the rest of time.

I put the sub in the rear seat for calibration. I believe MS-8 "wants" to hear the higher frequencies coming from the sub sweep, which are normally blocked by the seats.