View Single Post
      09-04-2015, 12:19 PM   #20
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post
I've used methanol injection on my turbo Silverado, but on that platform you had to tune the VE tables to account for the meth injection, i.e. lean out the tables in the areas where meth was flowing. At WOT it's open loop so there's no wideband feedback like we have on the N54. It was a PITA to do honestly, seemed to be very inconsistent especially during transient/spool.

I was curious if the DME will be able to compensate for the injection of meth using the STFT's fast enough to not run too rich.
This platform is a lot more forgiving. Especially since AFR can kind of be all over the place with no issue and minimal HP gains since it's direct injection. So 11.0 - 12.5 and there really is no difference as far as power.

With a 50/50 mix a M7 or M10 nozzle is plenty on this platform. You could pretty much spray and pray at an 8 PSI trigger and be good to go.

But from a conservative approach, flow sensors and failsafes are recommended. To really real the benefits of the methanol the OTS maps won't suffice and that's just because you didn't up the boost or ignition timing. So to reap the benefits, you'd want to add some boost and you can really up the ignition timing.

Back in the day i ran 10 degrees ignition across the board, ramping up to 12 at 6000 RPM. No knock, no correction, pulled like a train. That was a M10 at 50/50/ I later switched to M5 and M7 for better atomization and just ran a little more meth for safety, mated to the ER CP Tial and 2 meth bung. I used a basic Cooling mist pump, devils own tank, lines and upgraded to a solenoid. This was in the infancy of the platform and that's why I had two companies products.
Appreciate 0