06-30-2007, 03:12 PM   #10
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3 View Post
Great time for the elevation! It's harder to use the NHRA correction factor because of the overboost, but great time nonetheless.

The weight is a little less than 3582 listed by BMW, but I believe there weight is fully optioned and unladen.

I have always weighted my cars at this track. I left the car with floor mats and I was carrying maybe an additional 20lbs with the helmet and a couple of other things.

The car weighted 3510lbs with less than 1/4 tank. As far is the altitude conversion, yes you guys are correct, you have to take into consideration that it is different for the turbos than for the NA but get this, when I routinely took my Evos from SIR(Tucsn 3100ft) to Firebird Raceway(Phoenix 1248ft) I use to shave an average of .2-.3sec and increase my speed by 2mph.

That was a 1900ft altitude difference. At the end of the day it all makes sense, I did a decent time when compared to the average or even the official car magazine test. To me everything seems very normal, it would have been maybe a 13.2 to 13.4 sec run and a 103-106 mph trap somewhere else.
Appreciate 0