04-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #322
seanblee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzy View Post
It was already on there
The coding side of this is very alien to me so when I sent it over to him I just ask for him to get it up and running
'Coding' is just configuration. With retrofits that are straightforward options for the car they're being added to, there are two steps - updating the vehicle order then coding the car.

The vehicle order lists all of the options that are fitted to the car. If you already had the aux in then it'll already be in the VO, so it just needs to be updated to remove your old radio's ordering code and add the Pro Nav code ($609), then written back to the car's CAS and (N)FRM modules.

Once this is done, you need to reconfigure the modules already in the car so that they know what other options you have fitted and know what information to send where in what format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzy View Post
Don't know how deep with the coding he went he did say there was a "compatibility error" flag up but wasn't sure what it was for, I'm assuming for the aux?
Assuming he's done the first part and updated the vehicle order correctly, it sounds like he just hasn't reconfigured the CGATE ('gateway') part of CCC correctly, so this just needs recoding to defaults with NCS Expert in Expertenmodus (i.e. not FSW/PSW MAN). I'd be inclined to recode all of the CCC components to be on the safe side - they are CAUDI, CAPPL, CGATE, CHOST, CTUNE.