View Single Post
      06-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
black'n'redE92
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

Oily finish after wax, and wash.

Trying to figure out where I went wrong. I washed my car(Black Sapphire) today after a cleaning, and waxing last weekend, and it looks like an oil coated haze all over the car now.

Clayed it first, used Meguires quick detailer as a lube.

Fallowed with a coat of Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion by hand. Removed with microfiber towels.

Applied a coat of DoDo Juice Purple Haze(with DoDo finger mitt). Waited 24 hours, and applied another coat. Both times removing it with a DA waxer, with a microfiber bonnet. Wiping again by hand with a microfiber towel.

All products were applied with the temperature around 65 degrees.

Washed it this morning when it was like 75 degrees. It warmed up to around 100 degrees this afternoon, and this oil sheen showed up all over the waxed panels. The wax job still looked good before it was washed.

Anyone with any ideas what may have caused this? Any advide with be appreciated.

'08 E92~ Black Saphire Metalic~Coral Red Interior~Brushed Aluminum Trim~ Black Kidney Grilles~ JB4 G5 Board~Powder Coated Black 189's~Blacked Out Roundels~ 20% Tint All The Way Around~BMS DCI~8K Angel Eyes~M Tech Side Skirts~Smoked Side Markers~15MM/12MM BMS Wheel Spacers
Appreciate 0