02-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Help an ipod virgin...

Even though I've resisted buying an ipod for all these years I've imported my whole CD collection over to itunes. Anyway, I've just weakened & bought a 80gb Classic ipod off ebay (5th generation I think?!?) and need to know which leads are the best to get it playing in my car.

I've got the Professional Nav set-up (i-drive, screen, crap stereo) so presume I just use the AUX jack in the arm-rest. I've not got the USB (5FL?) thing and wont be going to the expense of fitting it. I understand that doing it 'on the cheap' means tracks won't be displayed on screen nor can I control it via the steering wheel; is that right.

Will one lead pump the music through and charge or do I need two leads (one going to the cigarette lighter). Are there any compatibility issues or are the leads pretty much the same (another ebay job).

I know this has been discussed before but selfishly wanted to know exactly for my situation (plus the other threads got a little complex & lost me; how old do I sound!!!).

Cheers, Roger
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0