04-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #80
martieg
Texas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i Black Sph PP/SP/NV/MTk

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
We always seem to get into the same argument of who's the best driver, and who will or should win this season.

Let me throw some facts in:

F1 is a team sport - granted, the driver is the most prominent team member, and the best known, but no driver would win without the team's support and guidance.

When we talk about the best driver, different people mean different things: most refer to the person that in their opinion should win the current season's championship. Past performance is definitively not the factor we should be looking at to determine who will or should win, specially ancient results (i.e. Schumi). Schumi by the way would be a good candidate for another question that people might be asking: who’s the best F1 driver of all times? (Oops, I just opened another can of worms here).

So, who will win this season? Some of the factors are: driver skill, driver expecience, driver mental strength, driver physical strength and endurance, team strategy, car design, car reliability, and yes: luck. And some aspects suit some circuits and weather conditions better than others.

- Vettel has skills and strength, both physical and mental – car very unreliable, although improving – he seems a favorite to win, in my opinion.
- Massa, Alonso – both have great chances of winning – skillful, great car.
- Button is very good also, and his driving style might be an asset under the new rules.
- Hamilton very immature, which affects his mental strength, but he is very skilled.
- Schumi not strong physically anymore, but experienced. Same as Barichello.
- Brown is a proven strategist that might favor Roseberg.

Last edited by martieg; 04-05-2010 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0