View Single Post
      01-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

I have a B6 S4 for my winter duties. Very fun car so far in the snow. I would still highly recommend getting dedicated snow tires for it. I'm not happy at all with teh all seasons i have on there. Getting moving is great, however on roads with banks, turning, and stopping i've had issues with lateral grip of the tires. You feel the heft of the car in those situations. Other than no complaints.

B/c the V8 puts out so much heat the water warms up quick and I have heat blowing in under 5 minutes of driving here in the cold. The v8's in the b6's and b7's have a bit of a reputation of having timing and clutch issues. But if you do your homework you'll find they can be quite reliable. When shopping for mine they were either documented problem cars that had been abused. Or very high mileage reliable work horses. You'll find lots of them with over 140k on them. I got really lucky and found an 04 that has been babied its entire life and only had 44k on the clock when i bought her in sept. As long as you don't beat on them and do the maintenance I think you'll be ok. Def get a PPI on one.