Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicheyBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335_MI6 View Post
Pretty much, a Coilover kit comes with everything you need, they are adjustable to your liking. Coilovers replace the spring and the shock, after lowering your car with just lowering spring in the very near future your shock/struts will blow because its so much more pressure on them. Which means your going to have to replace them. Honeslty waste of money and time. Of course after you lower your car you going to need an alignment. I would go with KW I'm extremely happy with my set, it's up to you how much you want to spend but suspension is something you don't want to go cheap on. I have the same wheel spec as you and I'm slammed and I don't rub. Oohhhh yeah my car handles like no other now, no more boat like feeling at highway speeds.
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. Yeah..a few members have recommend KW V1 for me, seems to be a popular choice. I'm assuming the quality is good, like you said I wouldn't want to go cheap. I'll look into it. What's a good height to lower it to in terms of inches?
Be careful with KW V1s. i was originally going to go with them, but now im thinking BC Racing or ST since these have ride-stiffness adjustment. i wanted a stiffer and planted ride over stock sport suspension, so thats why im wary of V1.

Im not saying i know everything about coils, and look forward to replies, but this is what ive learned so far.