Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Hi all,

Just a general interest really in how you rate the BMW (Mondial) Insured Warranty if you chose to take it out after your New Car/AUC warranty expired?

What are your comments on the claims process and support offered?

Is it worth paying more for the BMW Emergency Sevice?

Also, has anyone who is modified claimed on this warranty i.e. removed remap/JB4, DP's etc from the car before a claim? I am lead to believe that even when you removed such things, the DME flags up still.

Thanks .
Devil & deep blue sea springs to mind JJ.

I'd only ever consider a BMW Mondial extended warranty,however, your last sentence is my stumbling block.
The same conditions apply to other warranty providers,none provide cover for any form of modifications to your car,regardless of what the mods are.

Take a car into BMW with any potential warranty problem these days,and the first thing they do is connect it up via the OBD,and send the files over to BMW AG for them to examine.
Any sign of remaps,boxes etc are visible, regardless of any attempt to remove tell tale signs of their previous existence.

Personally, I wouldn't want to get involved in a fight with BMW or Mondial over a denied warranty claim,I'd lose,as would others!

It wouldn't be so bad if it was a relatively small thing,but if it's engine,turbo,gearbox,drivetrain etc related (all things that could be attributable to a remap,box etc)it could be massively expensive to pay for yourself.

Apologies for being the harbinger of doom,but it's worth some head scratching before parting with your hard earned,is it not?
Appreciate 0